This extension leverages the Thingworx FileRepository template to upload a third party JDBC driver file and create an “import-able” extension using the uploaded file.
- To use the builder simply open the JdbcCreator mashup, click the “Choose File” button and select the JDBC driver file you want to use from your local file system.
- Now click the “Upload” button and a link will be displayed below the buttons, “Download Extension File”.
- Click this link and save the zip file. This is your extension. You can now import this into the Thingworx platform.
- The imported extension will create a Thing Template with the name of the file plus “JDBCTemplate”. For example a file named “myDbFile.jar” would create a Template named “myDbFileJDBCTemplate”.
- Use this template to create a new thing and connect to your data source using JDBC.